We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Taste Of The Wild Dry Dog Food
Welcome to our Taste of The Wild review. Rich in protein, no grains and made from the best ingredients available, Taste of the Wild has a personal mandate to provide suitable dog food for the diets of a wild dog. It also consists of a good portion of eggs which give puppies and adult dogs a luxury coat.
First a Quick Backstory On Taste of the Wild
It’s important to remember that dogs are established carnivores descended from wolves, meaning that they thrive better when consuming mostly animal proteins like nature intended. Adapting them to the mixed human diet is not recommended. Taste of the Wild embodies this notion by providing pet dogs with products that better approximate your pet’s natural intended diet. Taste of the Wild is a major US-based, family-owned, pet food company with facilities in Arkansas, California, Missouri and South Carolina.
What Makes Taste of the Wild Different?
What makes Taste of the Wild different is their wide variety of meat sources for their recipes that include bison, angus beef, roasted duck, wild boar, venison and smoked trout and that their products are largely grain free. Taste of the Wild has products for both dogs and cats of all life stages and concentrate on foods only.
Each product represents one or more of the above ingredients and are named after the regions where the ingredients are mostly found. Other key ingredients include buffalo, chicken, ocean fish and lamb meal concentrates, chicken fats, flaxseed, chicory root, tomato pomace, canola oil, proteins from peas and potatoes, eggs, dried beneficial bacteria products, iron, zinc, copper, potassium and vitamin supplements.
Taste of the Wild also happens to contain probiotics, has no preservatives and is definitely grain free but with plenty of legumes like peas and beans.
Taste of the Wild has seventeen dog foods to choose from. Twelve dry and five canned. They include:
- Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon made with wild boar
- Taste of the Wild Prey made with angus beef
- Taste of the Wild Appalachian Valley for small breeds made with venison and garbanzos
- Taste of the Wild High Prairie made with roasted bison and venison
- Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream made with smoked salmon
- Taste of the Wild Pine Forest made with venison and legumes
- Taste of the Wild Sierra Mountain made with roasted lamb
- Taste of the Wild Trout Limited
- Taste of the Wild Turkey Limited
- Taste of the Wild Wetlands Canine made with roasted fowl
Taste of the Wild has a pretty diverse meat ingredient lineup that could cater to dogs of all tastes or greatly adds variety to your pets’ diets. It’s best not to be too cavalier and consult your vets before shaking things up. This brand also has an impressive protein content and a grand claim of being free of grain products and GMOs. The large protein ratio however is clouded by the significant amount of legume-based ingredients and flaxseed. Having canola oil also puts the brand’s claim of having no GMO in doubt since canola oil can be derived from genetically-modified grapeseed.
The products’ protein to carb to fat ratio (approx. 28%,37%,35% respectively) is quite impressive and best suited to active dogs. This makes Taste of the Wild better than the average dog food despite having a significant amount of plant-based ingredients. They are quite transparent about these ingredients though as can be seen in their ingredient glossary that explains the ingredients’ presence.
Taste of the Wild is also completely manufactured in the USA and is a family-owned company which provides an assurance of quality over profits. Bottom line, Taste of the Wild is a good bet for your pets.
From Taste Of The Wild website,
Taste of the Wild Is a Family-Owned Brand
Taste of the Wild is—and always has been—owned and operated by one family. As pet owners, the founders of our company saw opportunity for a high-quality, yet affordable pet food option. They knew there had to be a better way. So, they created it. Inspired by the idea that no one knows what dogs and cats should eat better than their own DNA, they created Taste of the Wild: the complete nutrition nature intended for your dog or cat, in flavors their inner wolf or mountain lion would crave, at prices you can afford.
Today, Taste of the Wild is one of the fastest-growing pet food brands in the world. But we still hold true to the notion that started it all: every pet deserves the best nutrition and every pet owner deserves a fair value.
We don’t make anything we wouldn’t feed to our own pets. It’s the standard to which all Taste of the Wild products are held, and we’re happy to share it with you and your family. Welcome to the pack.
Made in the USA
Our dog foods and cat foods are made in five state-of-the-art facilities in the USA: two in California and one each in Missouri, Arkansas and South Carolina. Our priority is to source ingredients of exceptional quality. Sometimes, these come from our global suppliers. Whether global or local, we form close relationships with all our suppliers and work with them only after a careful vetting process.
Safety First. Quality Always.
You have high standards for the food your pet eats, so we have high standards for how we make it. At Taste of the Wild, healthy dog and cat food is synonymous with safe dog and cat food. We continually monitor ingredients, production environment, production processes and finished products to ensure the quality and safety of our pet food. By implementing scientific and technological advancements, we have developed a comprehensive food safety system that ensures our pet food is always healthy, safe and nutritious.
Some of our safety and quality protocols include:
- 1,075 mycotoxin tests per week
- 1,300+ microbiological tests per week
- 180 oxidative stability tests on fats and oils per month
- 6,000+ ingredient nutritional tests per month
- 45,000+ finished product nutritional tests per month
For puppies we recommend,
Taste of the Wild Grain-Free High Prairie Dry Food for Puppies
It gives fat of 17% and Protein of 28%. This grain-free food Consists of lamb, bison and different sources of fish protein. This product also has a vast array of vegetable and naturally occurring fruit sources in addition to fermented products. There are also lots of minerals and vitamins in this food which tried to replicate the sundry meal of a wild creature.
For adult dry dog food we suggest,
Taste Of The Wild Prairie Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Grain-free recipe made with real buffalo as the first ingredient followed by other real protein-rich ingredients including bison, roasted venison and beef for lean nutrition and to help support strong muscles.
- Natural recipe with added vitamins and powerful antioxidants from real fruits and vegetables support overall health, while omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids support healthy skin and coat.
- Made with ingredients from trusted and sustainable sources with no grain, corn, wheat, filler, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives makes this recipe perfect for sensitive pups.
- Nutrient-rich and highly digestible recipe made with proprietary K9 strain probiotic blend to help support your canine companion’s digestive health.
- Made in the USA by a family owned and run company with the most scientifically advanced food safety protocols because your pal deserves nothing but the best
Taste Of The Wild Review
Welcome to our Taste of The Wild review. Rich in protein, no grains and made from the best ingredients available, Taste of the Wild has a personal mandate to provide suitable dog food for the diets of a wild dog. It also consists of a